Just wanted to post some updates of things I've been working on. I took one of my 12x16 Pastel Papers and cut it into four 6x8 pieces to do some work on a smaller scale. I've got about 30 minutes worth of work on both of these pictures done but I'll be putting on more layers and working on the background of the scallions piece. The pictures aren't the greatest because they're off of my phone, but I found that my phone takes better pictures without the flash if I don't have indirect daylight to take it with my camera. One is scallion flowers, and the other is just looking down the opening of a wooded area.
The scallions were harder than I anticipated as I wasn't mentally prepared with all of the little petals, but I like it none the less. The harder part is the background which is an out of focus garden (all green) and a hosta (spelling) that is light in value because of the transparency factor. But I really like how the woods are going. I would like to work on leaf detail in the trees more. The woods picture is more out of focus than I thought it was when I took it... so I apologize. With more work on them I'll take better pictures of both.