Saturday, June 4, 2011

Marathon Figure Drawing

Today was the Marathon Figure Drawing session.  I didn't stay the whole day, I got there at 10:30 and stayed until about 5:30.  There was a long poses and short poses room, and I chose the long poses because I wasn't sure about what to expect and I'm still getting used to the whole drawing naked people thing.  I was thinking the long poses would be about an hour, and they would do a few of them.  Nope, just one looong pose that lasted about 3 hours.  I've never spent that much time on a drawing, but for whatever reason, didn't stop and do multiple drawings.  I just kept working and working. The first model I drew enjoyed walking around and seeing what the artists were working on and at one point, later in the session she came around and said "Every time I see it, I think you're done, but then it gets better!"  By far the best compliment I've ever had about my art work.  I even had another artist that stood behind me for a few minutes and just watched me work.  I felt very flattered!  I am extremely happy with what I did.  Next I'd like to work on doing short colorful figures that are abstract in color but not shape.  Anyway, I wanted to post what I completed!
Between the two, this is my favorite.  I started with a layer of pinks and purples and slowly added oranges, blues, and lights.  I really did spend the whole three hours on it.  Great model, very elegant, with a beautiful neck.  I had a lot of fun doing this.  It is Nupastel on Pastel Paper with Pastel Pencil details.
Number two.  Again, happy with it.  This pose was harder.  While the monitor had taped markings so that the model could take up the same pose after breaks, her torso and face were slightly different after each break.  Her lips were very tight which made that particular detail hard to draw.  There was a black cloth draped over the bench she was sitting on, but I preferred to add more color into it.  For this one, I started in oranges, reds, and browns, and then built up by adding pinks, purples, greens and blues.  Same as the first, Nupastel on Pastel Paper with details in Pastel Pencil.  Let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...