Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Pictures

So I have completed a few more pieces including the "Tuscan Light" piece that was partially finished in my last post.  Here she is!
Sorry for the carpet that snuck into the picture.
I also completed a "Glass Bottles" piece as well as "Orange Cat" so I'd like to show those as well.
The bottles are Nupastel on Strathmore pastel papter and the cat is Pastel Pencil on the same paper.  I am pretty pleased with how they came out.

Next on my list is to work on the human figure doing gesture drawing and such with Nupastel to practice before my open figure session that I plan on going to.  I also need to pick up some Nupastel colors that I don't have and find a different way to keep them.  The box that I have the other pastels in is just a plastic craft box with dividers but the Nupastels are starting to break whereas my soft and chalk pastels don't.  I need to find something that will be more cushioned for them or something.

The other thing I'm working on is taking pictures for my "proposed exhibition" for the art contest my coworker mentioned.  Hopefully if I can come up with a good enough proposal it will draw attention from my lack of a resume!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...