Sunday, July 24, 2011

Posing and experimenting with watercolor

So what's new?  On Saturday I posed for the Art League of New Britain's Saturday open figure drawing (clothed).  It was very interesting to see the different interpretations of me.  One of the gentleman did a fantastic charcoal drawing and let me take a picture for myself.  Check it out...
On another note.  I've decided to start experimenting with watercolor so that I can combine it with my pastel. I bought a cheap starter watercolor set, meant to get anyone started into it.  Well there isn't much instruction in the book on techniques or anything other that color wheels, mixing colors and stretching canvas.  Also, the brushes are rather cheap but if I can just get into it a little and figure things out.  Then I'll know if I'd like to spend extra money on better quality watercolor supplies.  I'll let you know what happens. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...