Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pastel Class Canceled

:(  One of the difficulties with doing Pastel for artwork is that not only are classes hard to find, they get canceled.  Its just not a popular medium compared to acrylic or oil.  Not only is finding one is a challenge, but finding one reasonably priced or priced for the hobby artist, is not easy either.  On another down note, I was not selected for the Step Up 2011 by Real Art Ways.  It was a contest for the emerging artist with minimal exhibition experience (I have none) and just out of art school (I never went).  I'm a little disappointed but I'm sure they had many talented submissions and I've only been doing pastel for a year and haven't taken anything other that a required art class.  I'll try again next year :).  I didn't want to write a post and leave it empty handed so to speak, so I'd like to post an older piece.  Orchids I did for my grandmother, Chalk Pastel on Drawing Paper 11x14.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...