Tuesday, December 27, 2011

First Sale on Etsy!!

I made my first sale on Etsy on Friday and dropped the painting off at the post office yesterday!  I am so excited to share my painting with its new owner.  The painting that was sold is my "writer's block" piece. I was experiencing a slump at the time and was unsure of what to paint or how to start it.  I was speaking with another artist that mentioned when he is having the same problem, he'll tape a playing card on his board and paint it life size.  He said he enjoyed the exercise because it's a 2D object and simple in color and components.  So I took a black and white pen and taped it to the wall and painted.  This was a fun little exercise and helped me get back into the swing of things.  I am so happy to sell my first painting and to share my work with someone else.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, well done - the first of many, I hadnt noticed you were new to Etsy.

    Great idea too, might have to find some playing cards LOL.

    Bet you have another sale before the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love your style! Currently gunning for that first sale on etsy myself so I know the feeling :)

    http://littlepaperbox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...